A spreadsheet is a powerful, life-long tool that can organize data, sharpen thinking, improve decisions, and make predictions.
We believe anyone can learn and use spreadsheets to solve all sorts of interesting problems – whether it relates to sports, current events, academics, finance, or more. It doesn’t matter how old you are, what your profession is, or whether you’ve even seen or heard of a spreadsheet, this site is designed for you!
We want to equip you with a life-long knowledge of spreadsheet mechanics – a tool to solve real-world problems. Our posts shed light to several interesting problems that are solved with spreadsheets; our video tutorials explain the spreadsheet mechanics.
Our 2-minute overview video introduces a few of the applications of spreadsheets:
Why Google Spreadsheets
Although all of our videos and examples are based on Google spreadsheets, most of the skills you learn here can be applied to other spreadsheet programs, such as Microsoft Excel. So, why choose Google Spreadsheets?
- Easy access anywhere: Google spreadsheets are entirely online and therefore you can use them on any computer or device as long as you have an Internet connection.
- Real time collaboration: work or edit a spreadsheet simultaneously with family, friends, classmates, or colleagues.
- Info-deriving functions: Google offers functions such as GoogleFinance that will pull information or data directly into your spreadsheets
- Easy organization: Google spreadsheets are saved in your Google Drive, which is an easy way to organize your spreadsheets through folders.
- It’s free: Unlike most other spreadsheet programs, this one is free! Need I say any more?